Winner donates her £500 prize to Dementia UK; SB7 Mobile immediately matches it
London, 8th September: SB7 Mobile (http://www.sb7mobile.com/), the company that manages competition sites such as JuicyWin (www.juicywin.com) and a
The winner, known only as Josephine from Hertfordshire, won the weekly JuicyWin prize that offers either a new iPhone, or £500 in cash. She opted for the cash, so that she could donate it to charity. As soon as SB7 Mobile heard about her donation they immediately matched it, meaning that Dementia UK received a total donation of £1,000.
Asked why she chose to donate the money and not keep it, or claim a new iPhone, Josephine replied, “That’s just the kind of person I am.” She does a lot of work for cancer and dementia charities and likes to help those that are helping others.
Dementia UK provides Admiral Nurses to give practical and emotional support to families affected by dementia and its vision is clear:
“People living with and affected by dementia will receive compassionate expert care and support that is right for them, to live positive and fulfilling lives.”
“Dementia UK is delighted to accept this generous donation of £1,000 from Josephine and SB7 Mobile. The money received could provide four full days of emotional support and practical advice for carers and families living with dementia, it will make a real impact,” said Martin Bishop, Director of Fundraising at Dementia UK.
“Everyone at Dementia UK would like to say thank you to Josephine and SB7 Mobile for helping to improve the quality of life for all people affected by dementia,” Bishop continued.
The decision to match Josephine’s donation was made by John Sammon & Jonny Brown, SB7 Mobile’s Directors, as soon as they heard about it.
“Our competitions winners often feel that the prize makes a positive difference to their lives. But Josephine’s generosity means that this time it will contribute to this charity’s tireless work making a difference to those people whose lives are affected by dementia,” Brown said. “We were only too happy to match Josephine’s incredible gesture.”
Many winners find that the prizes come in very handy to help with holidays, or if they win later in the year, to help with the purchase of Christmas gifts. There have been a number of other memorable stories from winners, including:
- Sandra from Flintshire who won £500. Her mother had been unwell and Sandra had racked up debts on her credit card due to the expense of travelling back and forth to visit her, so she was able to use her winnings to clear the debt.
- Another winner won new TV only days after having had their TV stolen.
- While another was told they had won an X-Box only hours after they had bought one for their son’s birthday – they were able to swap the prize for cash instead.
SB7 Mobile also runs a number of other competition sites, MintedMobi (www.mintedmobi.com) and Prize Fun (www.prizefun.com). People who enter the competitions have a chance to win a new iPhone 6, Apple Watch 38mm, Samsung Galaxy S6 or £500 cash every week.
Anyone entering a competition on any of those sites also automatically receives six lucky numbers in the £250,000 draw. Every week SB7 Mobile contestants are in with a chance to win that huge prize.
- Ends -
About SB7 Mobile
SB7 Mobile (www.sb7mobile.com) provides digital marketing and competition solutions. The competition sites that it runs include Juicy Win (www.juicywin.com), Prize Fun (www.prizefun.com) and Minted Mobi (www.mintedmobi.com).
About Dementia UK
- Dementia UK improves quality of life for all people affected by dementia. The charity provides and supports Admiral Nurses, specialist dementia nurses in the community as well as providing the Admiral Nursing DIRECT helpline.
- Dementia UK relies solely on voluntary donations, if you would like to make a donation please call 0300 365 5500.
For more information log on to www.dementiauk.org
Patrick Smith, Joshua PR for SB7 Mobile
+44 7734 600553